Friday, October 30, 2009

Close to Christmas...


I love Christmas! The colors, smells and comforts that surround it. So, imagine the fun I had last weekend with Cindy and Sue as we spent it in the country working on our Christmas cards. It has been an annual tradition to get together and work on our cards but this year we spent it at Sue's country home. Awesome place, food and scenery. My mojo was cooperating, which is always nice. So, this is the first of my Christmas card creations.
This card uses the country colors of tan, greens and brown as the primary accents. The SU! trendy trees are stamped along a hillside of Martha Stewart faux glittered snow. Country buttons tied in twine are added as accents. The SU! large grosgrain ribbon adds the final touch to the beautiful card. This was a fun card to make and since I made many, I've listed it in my Etsy shop (which has been poorly neglected!)
Thanks for visiting-
Leslie

2 comments:

Pattyjo said...

Your card is gorgeous! I'm with you I love Christmas too! More than any other holiday.
Pattyjo

Etha said...

BEautiful xmas card! Love everything about it, the hill slope, the buttons, just perfect!!